Monday, April 27, 2009

I love Ray Charles



The legendary, multitalented, blind, musician Ray Charles was the best vocalist, piano player, song writer, and arranger in the last several decades. According to the Legends of Swing Music.net biography, Ray Charles was born during the great depression in the Deep South and was raised on blues, country, gospel, jazz, and big band music.
Throughout his long career, Ray skillfully and artistically combined these separate musical elements together, added his own unique personality and style, and released the end result for the world to hear.
I have listened to Ray music since I was a child. I like most of his songs. Most of all, I like “America the Beautiful,” “Georgia on My Mind,” “Mess Around” and “I Got A Woman.” Ray won 17 Grammy Awards. He was awarded the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award. I watched a very exciting film about Ray. The film explored his life and career. The film star, Jamie Foxx has been awarded the 2005 Academy Award for the best actor for this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment